• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A lot of blank space below contact form?

Participant ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just created my contact form on my website. I have it working and all. But the issue is when I preview the page in the browser, I scroll down and I have alot of unnecessary space that i do not want or need. I just want to have the contact form, and some space between the bottom of the contact page and the footer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Quite a bunch of problems:

1. Not all footer objects (all logos) are defined as „footer“. Please correct this.

2. A very nice user bug: Look at the separating lines between the form fields: They all are rotated to -90Ëš, and therefore there width is set to 2 px, their height to 1000 px. Nice! Please use lines without rotation and W = 1000 px and H = 2 px.

After this, your layout is correct. (Well, there are other glitches, but these are not the subject in this thread.

3. Offset in form field: This is

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are no magicians! This behaviour may have 1001 reasons. Therefore

• Screenshot?

• Link?

• and in most of these cases almost indispensable: .muse file via Dropbox or a similar service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text in Form field Not centering when previewing? And huge space under contact form and footer.

Here here the new new thread I started with more information and pictures. I made this one out of frustration and did not give much context. The one I linked goes into full detail. Also with another problem I'm having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most common problem for that is that your 'submitting' and 'Form Submitted' elements that are hidden by default are lower down causing the white space. In your states panel click on each of those states and adjust the location of those alerts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats the thing though, All of them are right below the submit button. over lapping eachother. It looks fine in the design mode, but when I export it, there is all of the blank space.

Here is a link to my dropbox file with the form I created. Dropbox - GGDesigns Website For Forums.muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite a bunch of problems:

1. Not all footer objects (all logos) are defined as „footer“. Please correct this.

2. A very nice user bug: Look at the separating lines between the form fields: They all are rotated to -90Ëš, and therefore there width is set to 2 px, their height to 1000 px. Nice! Please use lines without rotation and W = 1000 px and H = 2 px.

After this, your layout is correct. (Well, there are other glitches, but these are not the subject in this thread.

3. Offset in form field: This is a quite heavy problem. Pavel Homeriki wrote in different threads about this problem, for example here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2286745

I see some issues with the form settings (for example: Don’t use the "Spacing" panel as Pavel explained in his contributions), but I didn’t manage to configure your form correct, so that there are no "jumping" text elements.

Here is a simplified version of your form https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7etpbemvceto7d/Form.muse?dl=0​. I hope, our "forms guru", Pavel Homeriki​ chimes in and has a look at this form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I will look into these and fix whatever else is needed. Also. If there is any other thing I need to change. Please let me know. And what do you mean logos are not defined as footer?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. none of your logos at the bottom of your master page is defined as a "footer" object:

Screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it now! I figured out what was wrong and corrected it. I also set those assests as footer items. Ill be back this week with some more questions Im sure XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My setting are exactly how you made it at the simple version of it. Just I am still getting the jumping text when I move my mouse down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should read exactly! I told you, that I solved your layout issues: blank space below). Would be nice, if you confirm, that it is working now.

And I told you additionsly, that I couldn't solve the form issues (jumping text input). The sample file was for our "forms guru" Pavel Homeriki​. Perhaps he is able to find the issue. In opposite to your statement, the settings in my example file are significantly different from yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to solve everything for the most part. The Spacing issue was the lines in the middle. And the text jumping was the "Space Below" or whatever its called. I changed that to 0 and fixed the issue! Now my contact form is basically done except maybe some visual elements, but other then that, Its good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not imagine what was done with this form, it's all broken .
Dropbox - Form.muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My form? Or the other form that the other guy fixed? Because I know I broke my form first, And then I was able to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I corrected the form provided by Günter Heißenbüttel . I so understand that this is also your form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is irritating, Pavel Homeriki​:

When I use my sample form, and set all "Text" and "Spacing" values to the values, you are using in your sample, the inputs base line keeps jumping around in the different states.

I have to set additionally the field height in the "Transform" panel to your value of 72 px, then all works well.

But, what does that mean?

• I can change the field height manually, what causes "jumpy" text within the fields.

• There is no simple way to change the field height back to a "working" vertical size, isn’t it?

• You can’t choose the height of your input field deliberately. Correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not really correct. If you enter an explaining, preallocated text into the 'Empty" states of your fields like "Enter your name here!" You'll see, that the problem isn't gone.

But if the solution is enough for you, it's ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know what I mean. But it's fixed though.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines