Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE won't preview at correct FPS

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have installed the update, I have no jpeg seqs in my timeline and still, AE will not preview at correct FPS

This is extremely frustrating, costing me both time and money.

A fix please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?

Dock a panel (like the unused Progress panel) to the bottom of your composition panel. Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szalam

I'm using OSX 10.12.2

Tried docking the Progress panel but no difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple fixed some AE-related bugs in Sierra in a recent update, you might consider updating to 10.12.3

If that doesn't solve it for you, we're going to need a lot more information from you. Stuff like your composition settings, what's in them, how you're initiating the previews, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Szalam

I updated OSX to 10.12.3 and still no joy

I initiate preview by clicking the Preview button on the Preview Panel

What do you need to know about my settings? etc

Thanks again

Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What frame rate? What frame size? Do you have your Composition Panel resolution set to auto and the Magnification factor set to 50% or less?

I'm running OSX 10.12.3 on a half dozen machines and I'm having no problems at all with HD footage at half (auto) resolution, 29.97 fps and 1080 or even 4K resolution. Well, ok, the mac mini won't playback 4K at half resolution and 29.97 fps, but iMacs and MacBook Pro's are doing fine. The length of the preview depends on the available memory.

If you are having constant playback problems with 1080 projects up to 29.97 fps then you are starving the system for resources some how. Don't expect to play back HD at 60 fps on anything but a machine with a bunch of power and a very fast drive array for your cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick

My frame rate is 25fps

Comp Panel resolution is set to a quarter

and mag factor usually 50%

I'm on Mac Pro

3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

24 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

My cache drive is SSD on USB3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the comp frame size?

You should have no problems unless you are adding some footage that is giving the CPU problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1080 x 1920

Never had this problem before and no change to my setup apart from AE updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jake,

Were you ever able to solve this issue? If so, how? Please let us know the status of your project. We're here to help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines