• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pan & zoom for portrait-oriented photos - not fit to frame

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I see a few other threads on this topic, but none of them seem to answer my particular question!

I'm making a video that includes still photos - they are of various sizes, orientations, and resolutions.

When I add them into the project, they are automatically resized to fit into the frame either vertically or horizontally, with black bars filling the remaining space (e.g. they aren't zoomed in to fill the whole frame). This is great, I love it.

But -

I want to give the photos a subtle "ken burns effect" by zooming in on one part of each photo.

However, when I use the pan and zoom tool, the photos are resized to fill the frame. There doesn't seem to be a way to set the starting frame of the zoom to the view I see on the preview - i.e. the whole photo fit onto the screen with the black bars.

I would really like to know if this is possible!

To clarify - I want this to be my "starting frame" for pan and zoom:

whole-photo.JPG

instead of this:

whole-screen.JPG

I have already put together the project with video, narration, soundtrack, etc. so something that doesn't involve starting over or is preferred

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

The best solution is to forego the Pan & Zoom tool and create your pan and zoom motion paths by keyframing animation of the Motion properties on the Applied Effects panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best solution is to forego the Pan & Zoom tool and create your pan and zoom motion paths by keyframing animation of the Motion properties on the Applied Effects panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Can you tell me how, or link me an article?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are lots of great tutorials at Muvipix.com.

Check out this free one on Basic Keyframing.

*** Basic Keyframing ***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines