• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethered Nikon D300s not detected on LR4.4. or 5.7. Any suggestions?

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can shoot tethered to my desktop computer, but with my laptop, the camera is not detected, and I get the message tether_nikon.exe-Application error and the error is identified as 0xc000007b Both computers run Windows 10 64 bit and both have LR 64 bit versions.

I have downloaded All-in-one and installed files from Runtimes 2.4.0. Also downloaded  directx and updated .net framework. I have also installed an update to LR 5.7. Windows sees the camera, and I can use another camera control program, but it would be nice to be able to use Lightroom. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Snappercartie,

We have documented some possible fixes for these type of issues.Please take a look at this article Fix tethered shooting in Lightroom and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Akash,

Thanks for the link. I have been working through the suggestions in order. On the way, I thought I would install the last stand alone version of Lightroom (number 6, I believe), but I could not get away from calls to go with CC, which I do not wish to do.

I removed the preferences file, as recommended, but the same message came up. The next suggestion was: Make sure that your camera manufacturer's capture or editing software isn't open. It could be trying to control your camera. After closing, retry tethered shooting in Lightroom. Could this be tether_nikon.exe ? I thought this was a Lightroom plugin, so left it alone.  

Regards,

Ian Cartwright (Snappercartier)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Snappercartie,

Can you install the runtimes here : https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=48145 and see if it fixes the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bramnani,

Thanks for the suggestion. I found the runtimes already in place, but uninstalled them and reinstalled, but to no avail, unfortunately.

I am working through Akash Sharma's suggestions now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines