Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep object centered in video clip

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Elements 15.

Could someone please tell me how to keep a moving object centered in a video clip?  I can't figure out how.  Please keep in mind that I am a total newbie.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not an easy way to do this. And there's certainly no automatic way to do it.

In fact, doing so would cause the edges of your video frame to move all over the place!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn.  Well, how about highlight a moving object?  I found a video tutorial, but in it the object was moving in a straight line, so the technique that guy used wouldn't work for me since my object isn't moving in a straight line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's definitely possible -- though it's a bit much to cover with a mere forum post.

I cover it step by step in my special effects book, "Cool Tricks & Hot Tips for Premiere Elements 14", available on Amazon. (It also works for version 15.)

In fact, there are a couple of ways to do it. You may be able to find a tutorial on YouTube. Or, if you understand keyframing, you can try animating the Lighting Effects effect to create a spotlight and follow the person around your video frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  You don't say how to do that in your Premiere 15 book?  If I'm going to spend that much money, I want to get the book that goes with the version I have, but it won't do me much good with my current problem if it doesn't say how to highlight a moving object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Cool Tricks & Hot Tips" book is a book all about creating special effects. The last version it was written for was version 14.

You can learn more about it as well as see samples and tutorials here:

*** Cool Tricks for Premiere Elements 14***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks.  Until I can afford to buy one of your books, could you (or anyone) please at least point me in the right direction?  You said there are a couple of ways to do this.  I gather one of them is keyframing.  What is the other one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyframing the Lighting Effects is the best and easiest to describe.

The others involve keyframing the Track Matte, and that's a bit more complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines