• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I select and print multiple files in Photoshop with one command?

Enthusiast ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find myself frequently selecting several hundred files to make contact sheets (using bridge) and then can find no way to print all of them at once in Photoshop.

Is there some solution to this? some command that prints all open files? I know it can be done in Lightroom, but that doesn't help since these files have not been imported to Lightroom and are just for a one time use...

thanks,

tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

I would use "Output" workspace in Adobe Bridge to print contact sheet with several images in a page or a single image per page. Surely the resulted file is a PDF with high res. or whatever resolution you specify, then print all pages from Adobe Reader/Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use "Output" workspace in Adobe Bridge to print contact sheet with several images in a page or a single image per page. Surely the resulted file is a PDF with high res. or whatever resolution you specify, then print all pages from Adobe Reader/Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey

please check this link maybe it will help you

Print photos in a picture package layout in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS, Ahmad

Looks like that might work but it seems to be more effort than just using the Contact Sheet II extension in Bridge or PS...and I can't see how you would print the multiple contact sheets created in one command. I'm generally talking about 100-200 files put into contact sheets that are 3x4 frames, so it is a lot of printing.

appreciate the suggestion though

tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try (in Photoshop): File > Automate > Contact Sheet II ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Derek

I'm creating the contact sheets with the same format using Bridge>Tools>Photoshop>Contact sheet II but this creates multiple contact sheets and they need to be printed one by one. Do you know of a way to select all of them and print them all with one command?

thanks,

tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zaid-

Many thanks. I took so long to reply because I had trouble first finding out what the Output module was and then installing it correctly.

All is good. It's exactly what I was looking for....my life just got a lot simpler 🙂

cheers,

tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're wlcome mate, glad it worked out for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines