• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scenes in CH not updating in AE

Participant ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into this issue a few times now. I will have a scene imported into AE but I when I go back to CH and update it the changes don't seem to dynamically link back to AE. In fact sometimes they do but when I export the scene to MP4 the updated changes are not added and the original CH scene ends up exporting. This has happened several times to me now. Is this a known issue? Is there a work around. Thanks in advanced.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I haven't seen that before.

How are you exporting to mp4 in AE - Render Queue or sending to AME?

Do you do a fresh export each time, or keep restarting the same pre-existing export task?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asking around more and it seems like this may be a bug on AE's end. Is it possible to share here or DM me your full zipped project via a shared link on Google Drive, Dropbox, or Creative Cloud to take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually just drag the CH scene over to my AE composition. Its very strange because the updates from CH will change within AE but when I export and play the Mp4 it will still have the original CH scene (doesn't export the edits I've made). I'm not sure how I can send that to you to show you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm weird. Not sure what's going on, we'll look into it deeper.

For now, I'd suggest the same thing I did in this thread: try the more old school PNG + WAV export instead: Using Character Animator with After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can post a screen-recording going through the steps showing the buggy behavior it would help us track it down. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. No matter what I do the CH file doesn't update in AE. Tried deleting and re-importing and some elements change but draggable arms seem to not change. Odd.

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine actually updates in AE but when I export into MP4 those CH edits don't show...yet they are still in the comp in AE its beyond frustrating

Two workarounds I've started using are add current scene to new scene in CH (although this will not allow you to make rigging edits to the scene/characters) in the new scene. Plus you have to redo any keying in AE

or

Export AE comp to Premiere and export as Mp4.

I'll make a video showing this bug when i get a chance hopefully sometime this weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines