• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS2 refuses to start after reinstallation

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating my Powermac G5 to OS 10.5  I could not reinstall my CS2 from the CDs since the activation server no longer exists. So I download the corresponding files from ADOBEs old applications site and activated with the serial number provided.  While InDesign and Illustrator are working flawlessly, Photoshop refuses to start once the computer is restarted after installation. Since it was installed with the same serial number as InDesign it obviously refers to some obsolete registration file. Does anyone have an idea which file I have to remove? I deinstalled the old CS2 using "appDelete" but there are still several files dated from the original installation back in 2005.

Thanks in advance Ulrich

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

I''m pretty sure Photoshop CS2 requires Rosetta which Apple stopped sending out in modern OSX updates.

See if this helps.

how to install Photoshop CS2 on (Mac OSX) Yosemite 10.10.2

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what you downloaded I know that the Windows version works on Windows 10.  I do not know about a power Mac  I did not even know OSX had support

Download Adobe Acrobat 7 and Adobe Creative Suite 2 products

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes that's what I downloaded and as mentioned InDesign and Illustrator are working fine with that serial number however Photoshop only works subsequent to it's installation. Next day the computer is restarted PS tells me that my name or serial number is wrong. So it seems to me as if PS refers to a registration file that was created at the original installation back in 2005. I'm still working on that machine because my imagesetter requires Appletalk. Do you have an idea which file(s) I have to delete to get rid of this obsolete registration? I really want avoid to do a complete new setup including HD formatting.

THX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope some Mac user can help you.  The Windows version on the download page works fine maybe some Mac use has been able I would think think though most Macs these days are Intel nor PowerPC.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this helps:

Error: "...user name, organization or serial number is missing or invalid..." when you start Photosh...

Anyway, i've done quite a few cs2 installs on various operating systems and i always get better results by installing the cs2

applications/programs individually instead of using the non activation Creative Suite install dmgs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tanuj,

I would also rather install the standalone PS than the CS2 version.

However the GERMAN version provided on the download site is CS and not CS2 as any other language version on the site.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ulrich Geiser

Ulrich Geiser

Marktstrasse 6

87660 Irsee · Germany

FON +49 8341 12346

FAX +49 8341 12345

mail@ulrich-geiser.de

Am 21.03.2017 um 20:22 schrieb Tanuj Sandal <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Tanuj Sandal marked R_Kelly's reply on Photoshop CS2 refuses to start after reinstallation as helpful. View the full reply

Marked as helpful:

See if this helps:

Error: "...user name, organization or serial number is missing or invalid..." when you start Photoshop (CS2 on Mac OS)

Anyway, i've done quite a few cs2 installs on various operating systems and i always get better results by installing the cs2

applications/programs individually instead of using the non activation Creative Suite install dmgs.

Following Photoshop CS2 refuses to start after reinstallation in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try this to see if you can get the existing photoshop cs2 install to work?

Error: "...user name, organization or serial number is missing or invalid..." when you start Photosh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right you are that the Standalone German version of photoshop cs2 is really photoshop cs.

I'm really surprised no one noticed that before.

csg.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay we heard back from adobe thru this forum message  and unfortunately those are the only install files for a standalone photoshop cs/cs2 german language adobe could find and they are for the German photoshop cs and not photoshop cs2.

Activation server shut down for Creative Suite 2, Acrobat 7, and Macromedia products

So we'll have to see if you can get the existing photoshop cs2 install to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tanuj,

CS2 works on the PowerMac G5 under OS 10.5.8.

The Issue is that after restarting the computer the next day, PS starts with another serial number than the one from the installation (bottom left in the startup window).

kind regards Ulrich

Ulrich Geiser

Marktstrasse 6

87660 Irsee · Germany

FON +49 8341 12346

FAX +49 8341 12345

mail@ulrich-geiser.de

Am 21.03.2017 um 20:22 schrieb Tanuj Sandal <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Tanuj Sandal marked JJMack's reply on Photoshop CS2 refuses to start after reinstallation as helpful. View the full reply

Marked as helpful:

Is this what you downloaded I know that the Windows version works on Windows 10. I do not know about a power Mac I did not even know OSX had support

Download Adobe Acrobat 7 and Adobe Creative Suite 2 products

Following Photoshop CS2 refuses to start after reinstallation in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I''m pretty sure Photoshop CS2 requires Rosetta which Apple stopped sending out in modern OSX updates.

See if this helps.

how to install Photoshop CS2 on (Mac OSX) Yosemite 10.10.2

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Power Mac G5 has a PowerPc processor so no Rosetta is required.

Rosetta is only required on Intel processor macs 10.4 thru 10.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines