• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export multiple layer combinations to pdf

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to print (or export, depending on how you look at it) multiple layer combinations to .pdf from Photoshop CC 2015

Example: Traveling Salesman. Contact info should be specific to branch location and sales person, but they could change often.

Layer Group1: Branch

Atlanta

Dallas

Phoenix

Portland

Layer Group 2: Salesperson

John

David

Beth

Lisa

Layer Group 3 is all of the components that make up the rest of the document. I want this group untouched.

Need a VBScript that will return all permutations of those two top level groups:

Atlanta, John

Atlanta, David

Atlanta Beth

Atlanta, Lisa

Dallas John

Dallas David

Dallas Beth

Dallas Lisa

on an on and on ...

Of course, if it were only 16 permutations, I would print them manually. But my real world example is 150. And the input info changes. So I need to be able to add/remove a few layers at a time and then generate a new batch of pdf outputs.

Can anyone help, PLEASE??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Have you given this a look-see yet?

Creating data-driven graphics in Photoshop

If it should not meet your needs (which does not seem unlikely) I would recommend you abandon VB for this task, use JavaScript instead and ask for help/advice over at

Photoshop Scripting 

And I am not making a judgement on the validity of VB here it’s just that most of the regulars on that Forum seem to prefer using the platform-independent JS.

And please provide more details, maybe even a (small) sample file to bette

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you given this a look-see yet?

Creating data-driven graphics in Photoshop

If it should not meet your needs (which does not seem unlikely) I would recommend you abandon VB for this task, use JavaScript instead and ask for help/advice over at

Photoshop Scripting 

And I am not making a judgement on the validity of VB here it’s just that most of the regulars on that Forum seem to prefer using the platform-independent JS.

And please provide more details, maybe even a (small) sample file to better illustrate the layer structure and the intended results.

Do you ultimately need x individual pdfs or one pdf containing all the permutations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines