• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Modules, stopped importing

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even know where to start - I've been trying to fix this problem for almost 3 months now.

In December I upgraded from my 2013 Macbook Pro to the new 2016 Macbook Pro. When I migrated, there were issues, so I was only able to migrate programs not files. When I then opened Lightroom, all of sudden I was missing modules in the import function - the one I noticed immediately was the module that allows you to rename the files and choose where they are being saved. I did a bunch of online searching and screenshotted to forums, where they pointed out that I am actually missing multiple panels. All i have are the Filehandling and the Apply during Import Modules. I have tried resetting to defaults, I've googled dozens of possible solutions.

At first I thought I could just work around it, but then the program stopped importing photos from my camera. It would get as far as saying it was importing, and then it would just freeze.

All of the research I did said that I needed to reinstall the software. It has been reinstalled three times now, and today I purchased and had Lightroom 6 installed, and somehow it retained the SAME problem - it literally looks exactly the same as it did with Lightroom 5. Apparently Adobe does not do any support for LIghtroom 6 (WTF?!) and I'm pretty much ready to throw my computer against the wall. I have a paid assignment that is due, and I am beyond frustrated.

Someone please please please help me before I completely lose it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

File handling and the Apply during Import are the only options available when you select "Add" during Import.  To see File Renaming requires one of the other 3 choices, "Copy as DNG", "Copy" or "Move".  If the option "Add" is selected it might explain why you are not able to import from your camera.  Can you select Copy when the camera card is connected?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click (on a Mac, I believe that is ctrl-click) in the exact middle of the words File Handling, and from the menu that appears, select File Renaming and also Destination (if necessary)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, those options don't appear when I right click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File handling and the Apply during Import are the only options available when you select "Add" during Import.  To see File Renaming requires one of the other 3 choices, "Copy as DNG", "Copy" or "Move".  If the option "Add" is selected it might explain why you are not able to import from your camera.  Can you select Copy when the camera card is connected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Holy crap I'm an idiot. lmfao. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines