• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog Folder Titles Can't be Seen Completely

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just came up: Before I could read the complete names of sub-folder titles. Now I cannot. Can anyone help? I'm running the latest Creative Cloud version of Lightroom with the latest version of iMac OS.

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 1.19.31 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the right-hand edge of the folder panel and drag to expand it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response but unfortunately it's expanded as much as it can be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't look nearly as wide as the panel on my screen. But I'm on Windows. Not familiar at all with the Mac..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't look as wide as on my mac either

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 3.46.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is ridiculously stacked with sub-folders on subfolders. Yesterday this wasn't so! Maybe I need to reorganize what I have.

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 2.59.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could hide ALL the parent folders above the "All Photos files" folder as you don't need to see those in the folder panel.   Put the STRAY movies and stuff above pictures in the pictures folder so you can get rid of all the structure above "All Photos files" Right click on a folder name and this dialog will come up.

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 4.46.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, hold down Option as you click and drag the right border, and you can make the Folders panel as wide as you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it can be handy to be showing Pictures and Desktop, so I'd suggest right clicking on and hiding the following parents:  /, then Users, then johnall.  If you decide to move folders around, be sure to do so using the Folders panel (drag and drop folders) - if you go outside of Lightroom to Finder to do it, you'll end up with question marks on them since Lightroom won't know where they went.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines