• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best Choice? [Best computer hardware for running Photoshop to avoid brush lag?]

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've tried to find photoshop's hardware forum but it was impossible. I have the following question.

Short story: I have an i5 6200u laptop with 16gb of Ram Dual Channel, with a SATA III 1tb SSD Laptop. I work mostly with 20-30mb RAW files and paint from time to time but I can notice brush lag with 20" 300ppi documents.

I would like to improve my experience and I wanted to know if there will be a noticiable improvement from the ASUS compared to the Acer? Or is there a top where photoshop can't squeeze more power from the CPU and GPU and the cheapest gpu model would be best choice?

Amazon.com: Acer Aspire VX 15 Gaming Laptop, 7th Gen Intel Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 15.6...

Amazon.com: CUK Asus 15-inch Gaming Laptop (i7-7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 128B SSD + 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1060...

Amazon.com: CUK MSI GL62 (i7-7700HQ, 16GB RAM, Intel NVMe 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 96...

Also considered this option

Amazon.com: ZOTAC ZBOX MAGNUS EN1060 Gaming Mini PC, Intel Skylake Core i5-6400T NVIDIA GeForce GTX ...

attching it to a graphic monitor like this one

Amazon.com: XP-Pen Artist22 22-Inch Pen Display Graphic Monitor IPS Monitor Drawing Tablet Dual Moni...

Thank you for your time

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell us some more about your brush lag.  What is the size of the brush in pixels, and what does the preset look like, and what is spacing set to? 

A little test we use is to ask you to create a new document 30,000 pixels square, and run a 5000 pixel fully hard brush, with spacing set to 1% from corner to corner.  Touch down at one corner, and hold down shift while touching down in the opposite corner.  You can get an accurate time by setting the status bar to Timing.  Or you can set the Info panel to show everything.

As a guide, by five year old system takes 26 seconds.  Let us know your time and we'll take it from there.

You can set to Info panel to display other (all) parameters by clicking on the pop out menu in the top right corner, and choosing Panel Options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Trevor.Dennis​. Thank you very much for your time. I made the test as you mentioned and I got 181,3 seg using the exact parameters you mentioned. I currently have the graphics enabled but I experience the brush lag with or without them. Sometimes photoshop can even freeze for 5 seg by only using the eye-drop tool to copy a color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey

am using this computer and it working good without any problems with any of adobe apps

https://www.amazon.com/G752VY-DH72-17-Inch-Gaming-Laptop-GeForce/dp/B01578ZM6Q/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UT...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines