• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CS6/V8.2 will not open in OSX Sierra

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have read all the droll replies from keyboard warriors saying suck it up, however, having paid several hundreds of dollars for a copy of Master Suite CS6 some months before CC was launched (unbeknown to me) am not prepared to do so.

Have reinstalled and added the Upgrade to find Indesign will not go past the Start Splash screen on OSX Sierra. Would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have read the reports you will know that InDesign CS6 is not officially supported by Adobe to run under El Capitan or Sierra. Some users report they have no problems running it under these operating systems, others do have problems.

If you are having issues, you can run CS6 under the previous versions of OS X so why not revert to one of those, otherwise if you need to run Sierra you need to upgrade to InDesign CC2015/2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anvar,

or if your hardware is not supporting a lower OSX think of a virtual machine to install a lower version OSX and run your CS6 suite on that. Check Parallels or VMWare …

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe....thanks for that...something I had not considered, but obviously worth a go.

If I was making my living from this would not hesitate to move to CC, however, as I use most of the other units in Master Suite would be cost prohibitive.

Cheers John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Anvar

We have at least 5 users on Sierra running CS6, mostly without problems.

Occasionally the odd glitch exporting to PDF with certain fonts, but otherwise all good.

When you say it doesn't launch, what if anything happens? i.e. does the ID icon bounce in the dock then just quit or do you get an Apple dialogue box?

Cheers

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike...Sorry didn't get back sooner but am dodging Cyclones here in Aus. After click on Icon in Launchpad, you get this Dropbox - Screenshot 2017-03-26 14.45.28.png for about 3secs and then the Crash Report.

Have tried opening with all other Apps closed, but no avail.

Cheers

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I see your screenshot.

Not an Adobe expert, and you may have already tried these things…

Check you have the Legacy Java installed (I suspect you have or it won't get to a the point in your screenshot)

Try resetting ID prefs: Hold ALL these keys at once: Shift, Ctl,Alt & Command, then whilst they are held down launch InDesign. You’ll be presented with a dialogue box asking if you want to ‘Delete InDesign Preference files?’

Other thing is to see if it works logged on as a different User (assuming you have one or a happy to create a 'Test User')

I'll look through our notes on Monday to see if we had anyone in the past with the issue and how we fixed it.

Best

Mike

p.s Do all the other CS6 Apps work ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now perhaps you understand the "droll replies."

You are fighting against a moving target and there's as much luck involved as anything else. I would recommend at the very least trying the trial of CC to find out if this is general InDesign issue or if it's a compatibility issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At £900 per license a year, I can fully understand why he wants to stick with some software that he paid good money for!

Ok, maybe upgrading to 10.12 isn't ideal, but as Apple nags you on a daily basis to upgrade, you think 'why not?'

Also, we've plenty of clients who just won't get the return on investment by spending £5,000+ over 6 years of use, when there's a reasonable chance of sticking with CS6.

Surely, the whole point of a community forum is try try and help people rather than talk down to them. IMHO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I already said:

I would invest time and money into a virtual machine and OSX 10.6.8 up to OSX 10.10.5 to run CS6 on a new Mac.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody is talking down to anyone, but there is quite simply a very large number of users that will NEVER get CS6 run properly on anything later than 10.10. I would take Uwe’s advice if this so vital.

Moving past 10.10 on mission critical machines that have to run CS6 is a crapshoot and to treat as anything else would be foolish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check your Java version:

Re: Indesign OSX Sierra

There are also been reports that CS6 works better on Sierra than El Capitan, so if you are going to drop back to an older OS you might look at Yosemite. I have it running on my Sierra laptop.

https://roaringapps.com/app/adobe-indesign-cs6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines