Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing images to fit margins (batch)?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This is my first time using indesign so go easy on me.. I have a PDF (no margins, I cut them out using a 3rd party) I would like to print as an A5 booklet. I set the document first to A5, then put the margins and bleed etc, everything right. I then actually managed to import the PDF file to my booklet, and things are looking nice. However, since my pdf is marginless, after the import the pages will fit to the bleed (the red box). I wanted to know if there's a tool (or a script or whatever) I can use to fit the pages to margin (the purple box) instead. I tried searching the web but found no answers.

Note: just to reiterate, I edited the PDF previously on a 3rd party (Sejda), and removed the margins, so my document is marignless. That was done on purpose, I thought I could easily re-add them.

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Issler

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to this friendly forum!

There is an InDesign plugin available (at a price) that converts PDFs to InDesign documents so you can edit them in every way you wish. But this may be overkill for your purposes.

In the meantime, have a look at the Pages tool in the Tool Box which may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines