Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export interactive pdf elements separately for print

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have an interactive pdf, where I would like to export to a "print friendly version", where each element appears on separately pages. Is that possible?

Right now I have one page with three photos placed on top of each other and they are only active with interactive buttoms made with roll over and roll off. Can I (without making two different indesign files) export the pdf so this one page becomes three different pages in the same pdf?

If it is possible, then how do I do it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Well, I really don't see how you could get a one-click solution to your request.

Maybe with a script, but this one would be way beyond my actual scripting abilities.

That said, I realized I didn't read your question well enough, since you are talking about automatically creating pages for print-friendly version...

So this is a workaround you may want to consider:

Make your 3 images a single button with different states (normal, roll-over, whatever...). Cut/Paste in a text frame (based on threaded M

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You could create two different layers: one for the interactive version and one for the print version.

You'll have to rearrange your elements on the print version layer.

While exporting, just check/uncheck the relevant layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and that's the problem. Is it not possible to do the export without doing double work, which creating different layers essentially is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I really don't see how you could get a one-click solution to your request.

Maybe with a script, but this one would be way beyond my actual scripting abilities.

That said, I realized I didn't read your question well enough, since you are talking about automatically creating pages for print-friendly version...

So this is a workaround you may want to consider:

Make your 3 images a single button with different states (normal, roll-over, whatever...). Cut/Paste in a text frame (based on threaded Master frame). It is now an anchored object. Apply Conditional text to it. Then anchor image 1, image 2, ... Apply new conditional text rule to those images.

In your preferences, allow Reflow and Delete empty pages.

Example:

conditionaltext.gif

Obviously, this requires "extra work"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, this was also my idea, but I was hoping that there was an easier solution to my problem.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you !!!!! There are two ways to use Adobe Acrobat

Another method is to use Page ToolUntitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines