• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arial Black font is italic

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arial Black and Arial Black Italic are installed correctly on my PC  (and appear correctly in CorelDraw), but in Photoshop the normal is italic, and there is no Italic version available in list.

How do I fix this? Please see photo. I need arial black back! Thanks.arial black issue.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

I found a solution: I checked Illustrator... THERE "Arial Black Italic" is how it's separately listed, and the normal Arial Black was hidden in the Arial family... so for some reason Arial Black Italic is separately listed, and displayed correctly in Illustrator but incorrectly in Photoshop.Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi StudioD,

Please follow the solutions 6 & 7  from this article Troubleshoot fonts issues in Adobe Photoshop CC, 2015, 2014, CS6, CS5 and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but it didn't work I was hopeful!
Maybe I should re-install Photoshop? I'm up to date with CC 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system?  Your screen shot looks like Windows, but most of the font issues I have seen are with OSX.  They would be covered with Akash's link to the Troubleshooting fonts FAQ though.

What have you tried in order to fix it?

Do you have a font plugin like Suitcase?  Suitcase is known to cause problems.

Try starting Photoshop while holding down the Shift key to force Photoshop to load without plug-ins or extensions.

I'm guessing you have tried restarting your computer and Photoshop?

Try removing the relevant fonts from the font folder, restarting, and popping them back.

Try replacing the relevant font files from another computer.

I think Windows SFC (System File Checker) looks at fonts, but we don't know your operating system yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting all the files and folders for arial black font and then reboot your PC or else do you have Helvetica on your computer. Arial is a cheap imitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but why do I want to pay for Helvetica when Arial is fine for my purposes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... I did mention it's a PC, but it's Windows 10.

Deleted the Font Cache folders.

Don't have Suitcase.

I did reinstall the fonts from another computer (as I mentioned, the fonts work fine in CorelDraw and show up fine in Font folder, so it's not the fonts).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

and ... Make sure your Character palet is not using Italic.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean faux italic? No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a solution: I checked Illustrator... THERE "Arial Black Italic" is how it's separately listed, and the normal Arial Black was hidden in the Arial family... so for some reason Arial Black Italic is separately listed, and displayed correctly in Illustrator but incorrectly in Photoshop.Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines