• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create an Electronic Planner

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a beautiful planner but want to be able to use it after it's created...add information such as events in calendars, maintenance checklists etc...

I know I could use InDesign to create a polished product but how would I use it after it's created? I would think that Adobe might have thought of that - any ideas?

THANKS - Kehf

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Beyond an interactive PDF with text fields for each day, there is no way to do this in InDesign.

It would also have very limited capability as compared to so many other calendar apps that sync across devices and provide reminders.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand the question. You keep the InDD file and edit it as often as you need. You may convert to a different format (like PDF) but that's not what you edit. Not even for the simplest change, because you then have an original out of step, and a disaster waiting to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That edits the file itself. A planner usually is printed then you would write on it. For instance - you have a calendar. You print it out and write in the blocks. I want to design one in InDD then use that calendar electronically without touching the design. The blocks on the calendar would be editable but nothing else would be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beyond an interactive PDF with text fields for each day, there is no way to do this in InDesign.

It would also have very limited capability as compared to so many other calendar apps that sync across devices and provide reminders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could do that with adobe animate, but it's not a suitable project for a novice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has so been done. I am trying to figure out the same thing. I know there are apps like Metamoji and Keynotes that accept PDF's as an import that allows the interaction as long as they are done right. I believe you can use InDesign to create the page and convert the project to PDF's. You would then use hyperlinks and the template feature to make it editable? Maybe not even templates but just the hyperlinks. Then once you upload to the app it gives you the functionality for the pages. Its been done rather nicely. The templated for such a creature are sold on Creative Market except I want to know how to do it myself. Currently working on making it look like a planner once in use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the answer. It is all done in InDesign....You have to change to the interactive workspace and then you can save as a PDF that can be imported to a notetaking app. Here is a great tutorial that will help
https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/how-to/indesign-create-interactive-pdf.html

Woot! Woot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most of these features will not work now in your PDF, only simple hyperlinks.  
(i.e. the tutorial you mentioned is out-of-date.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines