• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Home page not centered in browser, all other pages fine

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating website in muse, the home page is off center to the left, with no page border showing.  All other pages are fine. Haven't experienced this in the 10 months I've been doing our website. I've made no change to settings that I'm aware of. I've checked online for solutions, i.e. looking for rogue invisible objects on the page in question.  Can't find a solution that solves the problem.  Any help would be appreciated.

The site is http://www.bethelcmc.org  Images below: home page (off center) and below that another page , indicative of the remaining pages appearing normally.Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 11.44.50 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 11.45.15 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Thanks for the advice Gunter.  I realized that I had made an unintended change in the metadata in page properties.  Deleted the change and everything is back to normal.  Thanks again for the info!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi justina,

Create a new site with only one page and only the misbehaving elements, or reduce your existing site to only one page, containing the elements, which demonstrate your issue. (This is helpful because it saves download and analyzing time).

Upload this .muse file(!) to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here.

Then we can have a closer look.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Ankush.  Will do so shortly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, that you can adjust page alignment, page fill and stroke page-wise and independently from you master page settings?

Your pages use the master page settings as long as you don’t define extra settings per page.

You can set these values in the upper control strip, when no page element is selected. The page alignment can be set in "Page Properties" (small icon to the right of the "Padding" input fields).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the advice Gunter.  I realized that I had made an unintended change in the metadata in page properties.  Deleted the change and everything is back to normal.  Thanks again for the info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush, As I was prepping the site file to send, I thought to check the page properties one more time.  I realized that I had made an unintended change to the page properties from the previous version. Deleted that change and everything is back to normal.  Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines