• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video looks clear when paused and pixelated during playback

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Elements 15.  I have imported a video into a new project, making sure the project settings match the video.  i have not done anything to the video yet other than add it to the timeline.  The video looks fine when it is paused, but it is pixelated during playback.  Can anyone help with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the source?  Is it interlaced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whsprague  wrote

What is the source?  Is it interlaced?

It is footage shot with an iPhone 6.  I don't know whether it is interlaced.  Please keep in mind that I am a total newbie to Premiere Elements and video editing in general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an iPhone, so will have to do a little research. 

Playback within a project can be a little "rough" because the computer is displaying previews rendered in real time.  It can depend on the computer and the video source.   What is the computer and how much memory does it have?

At final output, the computer starts from scratch and can spend more time getting it right.  Would you try making a couple edits and use "Export and Share" a version of your test clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whsprague  wrote

I don't have an iPhone, so will have to do a little research. 

Playback within a project can be a little "rough" because the computer is displaying previews rendered in real time.  It can depend on the computer and the video source.   What is the computer and how much memory does it have?

At final output, the computer starts from scratch and can spend more time getting it right.  Would you try making a couple edits and use "Export and Share" a version of your test clip?

My computer is a 4K ASUS Laptop with 16GB of RAM  with an Intel Core i7 processor.

I am only having this problem with the footage from the iPhone.  With GoPro footage, I have had no problems.  Please note that the playback on the iPhone footage in Premiere is definitely pixelated, not just rough.

I have already tried exporting the clip and re-importing it into Premiere, and I still have exactly the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have an ASUS i7 with 16GB!

I'll try to find some iPhone footage. 

Any chance you can put a clip on DropBox, or similar, for me to try?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually this sort of thing is a mismatch between the project settings and the clip itself.   How did you set up the project?  What are the video setting in the phone?

I've done a couple searches for unedited clips and not having any luck.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whsprague  wrote

Usually this sort of thing is a mismatch between the project settings and the clip itself.   How did you set up the project?  What are the video setting in the phone?

I've done a couple searches for unedited clips and not having any luck.  

I figured it out!  I can't believe it!  The problem was that all of the project presets are landscape, and my iPhone footage is portrait.  So I had to create a portrait preset.  When I used that, it fixed the problem.  Here is how I created the preset:

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 12: Portrait Oriented Video Source

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines