• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to hide the Text Properties pop-up menu, when using text box tool? Or move its location?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 100s of existing pdf files, where I've entered text box comments. It's typically on upper left hand corner of document for ease of viewing when I open it. Now the Text Property pop-up menu covers those comments if I try to edit the text box or if I create another text box anywhere on that page.  Weeks and weeks of work have gone into creating my text boxes in academic papers. Would love to shift or delete this Text Properties Pop Up. I don't ever need to chance font size or colour. I need to read my old text boxes. Thanks for any help you can give.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Which Adobe product are you using? Is it Acrobat?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I'm on Acrobat Pro DC  2015 Classic version 2015.006.30280. Mac user.

Thanks for checking in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved here from Adobe Captivate forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to make it go away by removing the text properties from my toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went to 'Customize Comment Tools", and looked at "Tools to show in Toolbar", threre was nothing there.  No icons at all. So, after playing around with it,  I added all of the tools from the "Choose tools to add" list except "Aa Text Properties".  That worked for me.  Apparently, there was a default set of tools that don't show in the "Tools to show in the toolbar" list, and "Aa Text Properties" was one of those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines