• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Loss

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been using Adobe Premiere Elements 12 on my mac and for some strange reason, some of the files, not all, lose part or all of the audio when i import the files. They originate from my PS4 but duration and not all videos effect the outcome. Sometimes i can add the file and it will less time lost from the audio but still not all of it. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

There are a variety of things that don't work right with screen/game capture software because the footage can be in a variable frame rate format.  Using a utility like Handbrake (free) can transform that footage to a fixed frame rate.  That may fix your issue.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a variety of things that don't work right with screen/game capture software because the footage can be in a variable frame rate format.  Using a utility like Handbrake (free) can transform that footage to a fixed frame rate.  That may fix your issue.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What else could be the problem? I haven't always had this problem with my recordings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know.  Most of the people that post here regularly are videographers that edit footage from cameras.  Maybe there is someone that has a Mac, a PS4 and whatever you use to record the video.   It is users here, not Adobe staff.

Usually the process here starts with verifying source files and then seeing if they match the project settings and Premier Elements capabilities.   Most of the time it gets solved. 

What are the source files and how are they captured?  

Good luck!  I hope I, or someone else, can help.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Handbrake and it worked thank you so much. But i dont use an external PVR. I use the pvr right in my ps4 and straight to a usb and it comes out as n mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for marking my answer correct.  

I won't try to suggest that I understand video games.  However, I've read that they employ a variable frame rate to improve the liveliness of the game.   So any recording system then may be likely to record in a variable frame rate.  Videos are like movies.  The frame rate is constant.  I don't know if it is most, some or all video editors, but they are created for video makers, not game players. 

The only real way to know what your machine is doing is to examine the video file with a freeware tool like "MediaInfo". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines