• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Programmatically search and edit strings in PDF forms

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being an experienced .Net programmer but Acrobat-scripting newbie, I have no idea if what I want to do is difficult or even possible. Here's the big picture:

Using Acrobat scripting or VB.Net as a carrier code, I want my app to search through PDF files (static forms and labels with variable data) within a folder for a given literal string and copy only those files to another folder.

I then want a second app to search those copied files for a different literal string (form label) and replace its corresponding data with another literal string.

Possible? How?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Searching is possible in theory. Form fields and static. Intents are completely different so a very different job must be done for each. Editing form fields is also possible.  Editing static content is impossible.

Within in this framework, all programmers need to download and read the Acrobat SDK. To many people's disappointment it does not hold samples to adapt. Instead, programmers need the basic tech level to read endless descriptions of APIs and construct their own solutions. Experienced pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Searching is possible in theory. Form fields and static. Intents are completely different so a very different job must be done for each. Editing form fields is also possible.  Editing static content is impossible.

Within in this framework, all programmers need to download and read the Acrobat SDK. To many people's disappointment it does not hold samples to adapt. Instead, programmers need the basic tech level to read endless descriptions of APIs and construct their own solutions. Experienced programmers with time for study should be fine. 

Finally it's worth noting that Acrobat must not be used on a server. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines