• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I sent a form to be digitally signed by someone and when they sent it back the digital signature block had strange symbols in it. It looks like wingdings maybe? Is there anyway to fix this or recover the signatures?

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent a form to be digitally signed by someone and when they sent it back the digital signature block had strange symbols in it. It looks like wingdings maybe? Is there anyway to fix this or recover the signatures?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Hmm... Clearly, since that person can't verify the signature and has to go on the on-screen appearance - which anyone could set as anything at all - you've set up a system where they have to trust you absolutely. So, if you can't modify this workflow (I'd recommend abandoning it if you can), then you have to use that trust to say something appropriate.

At the very least, if it must be a screen shot, why not a screen shot of the signature properties rather than the valueless on screen markings?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, this form is a pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a real digital signature it doesn't matter a bean what it looks like. View the signatures panel and check the certificate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i myself have the capability to view the signature properties and see that the signature is actually there. However, the people im sending this to will only be able to see a screenshot or the pdf printed version of the document and i wont be able to explain to them that the signatures actually there nor will they be able to view the properties. The only thing they will see is what the form looks like as is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... Clearly, since that person can't verify the signature and has to go on the on-screen appearance - which anyone could set as anything at all - you've set up a system where they have to trust you absolutely. So, if you can't modify this workflow (I'd recommend abandoning it if you can), then you have to use that trust to say something appropriate.

At the very least, if it must be a screen shot, why not a screen shot of the signature properties rather than the valueless on screen markings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The orginazation this is for is very specific about what the want and dont want sent. Reguardless, I found a work around for my own problem and have resolved the issue. Thank you for taking the time to voice your input and ideas though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines