• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My file doesn't open, this is the message I'm seeing: Error loading document. Invalid document type.

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday my file doesn't open anymore. This is a client file I'm working on so I hope you can help me solve my problem otherwise i'm losing a lot of time, effort and money.

Other files open properly without any problems.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated to the very latest version of XD?

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did. I'm using version 0.6.18.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other suggestions or ways to save my project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anything change recently on your computer? Do you have a backup of an earlier version that will open?

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issue. Can not open my saved files. Files which are created and saved in the older version are opening but the latest .xd version files are not. I think it's because of the update. I did update the latest version and it started troubling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to clarify a bit the behavior you are seeing and the context:

1. You are running 0.6.18.5 on Mac

2. The files created in previous Mac version can be opened in the new version? Can they be saved in the new version?

3. When you create a new XD file using the latest version, are you not able to save it? Does this happen for all your new files?

4. Where is the location of your backup files that you are able to open?

5. Where is the location of the files you are not able to save?

Cheers,

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old files that I've saved in my backup do open without any problems. Same for the other XD files, it's just this specific file. So still hoping you can help me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload your file to a share and send me a PM with the link? We can take a look at the file to see what might have happened.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

1. I assume you are running 0.6.18.5 on Mac. What OSX version do you have?

2. The old files from backup - are you able to open them and save them using the new version?

3. The file that you are not able to save - was it among the backup files? Is it a new file created with the new XD version?

4. How long were you working on this file before restarting XD?

5. What is the location of the file you are not able to open? Are you using the same location for other files that can be opened without issues?

Cheers,

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. I'm running the latest version on Mac (OS X Yosemite)

2. Yes I can open the old backup files and make a new version of it.

3. I'm not really having problems saving it. It's more that it won't open the file.

4. (don't have the exact time for that)

5. The file is stored on my computer. And they have no problems with opening, so it's really just this specific file.

Still hoping that you are able to save my document.

Thanks already

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines