Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC Resizing

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am trying to create a banner for a webapge.  The size is to 238 pic by 65 pix.  I am trying to add a logo and text to this banner.  Whatever I do, the image and text is very pixelated per say.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brycar,

That’s quite a small banner you're making, is it running full width of the site? 600pix would be more normal, or even more.

Could be a mobile site though I guess.

Anyhow, smoothness in images and logos is all about the number of pixels, if you only have 65 pixels in height then that's a very small number to define a logo within.

Is your file in Photoshop set to 72ppi*, and your image 72ppi or does it need resizing? 

(* 238 by 65 pix that’s only 3.3" x 0.94" - a very small banner)?

I hope this helps

if so, please do mark my reply as "helpful" and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct" below, so others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello and thanks for your support. Yes i set the canvas to 72 and apologies it is a logo insert I am making for a webpage not a banner. So the text is working out nice and clear when added to the site. But I also added a fairly large picture to the logo and that is what is staying blurry on the webpage.  Should I be resizing the picture before I add it to the logo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!I know its a very small size but i did the same using the zoom tool.Press Ctrl+1 to see the actual size and when you will zoom obviously it will get pixelated. I did not face any problem while adding text as i zoomed in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bahaar,

I don't entirely understand your post, sorry

?? "I did not face any problem while adding text as i zoomed in!" ??

Plainly Photoshop text is added as a vector (no pixels yet) ['til its flattened] so, this is not looking like an image resizing issue.

Your FANTA logo looks OK viewed at the small size but not when magnified, that’s what I'd expect. The pixels get pretty big when magnified so you can see them. Seems logical to me.

I'm not able to understand what you are expecting, but blowing up a tiny 72ppi logo like that is inevitable going to reveal a lot of pixel detail.

I hope this helps

if so, please do mark my reply as "helpful" and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct" below, so others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines