Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beginner at Photoshop panels

Participant ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I've done some coding in Javascript based languages like Extendscript for After Effects and JSFL for Animate. I'd like to start improving workflow at our studio for the Photoshop team, but I'm having difficulty getting started. I've done a few scripts here and there, using a mixture of Adobe's provided documentation and some scripts that mine Actions for these cryptic jamEngine commands which I unfortunately seem to need to rely on heavily.

I'd like to move on to creating custom panels that call custom scripts, but I'm having difficulty getting started. It looks like Configurator is deprecated now, and when I try running panels from Eclipse > Extension Builder, I just get a message that says the Photoshop is currently running, closes and reopens it when I click OK, and when I then search the menu for Window > Extensions, my panel doesn't appear there.

If anyone has answers, or can at least point me in the right direction, that would help a lot. Thanks!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop Scripting​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines