• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spanish Characters

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to write a few words in Spanish in an instructional animation. Does anyone know how to access for instance the upside down question mark, exclamation point, and the accent? Thanks! Cece

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

This is a low tech solution but I usually search Google for something like "upside down question mark" then copy, and simply paste it into the text field in Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about in these forums, in your OS, or in a particular piece of Adobe software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm sorry, I'm using Animate, trying to find the characters while in that application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll move it from the Forum Comments forum and into an Animate forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, sorry about that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here, you can borrow my one: ¿

How you get that depends on which system you're using. On Mac it's simply option-shift-?. On Windows there's some way you use the Alt key and then type some numbers. Here's a Wikipedia article on that: Inverted question and exclamation marks - Wikipedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin, this method works in MS Word, but not in Animate unfortunately. Cece

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on Windows you can use the charmap app to browse and copy all the special characters. You can also type them directly with Alt + the keycode on the numpad, however, Animate CC broke this functionality. I've reported this issue several times, still waiting on them to fix it. Maybe if more people report it it'll get a priority boost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Clay, That's what I was afraid of as I was going through the codes that Colin referred to. Appreciate it. I'll mark this correct, but hopefully, the powers that be will recognize that there is still a problem.

For anyone else with this issue, I am going to create words in MS Word with the proper Spanish punctuation, bring them into AI, save them as objects, then create symbols out of them in Animate. Taking the long way around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you doing all that? Most fonts support those characters natively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a low tech solution but I usually search Google for something like "upside down question mark" then copy, and simply paste it into the text field in Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Travis--that's about the only thing that will work! Low tech, high tech, whatever completes the picture. Thanks again! Cece

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines