• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retaining layers from Photoshop into Adobe Sketch.

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody. Basically, im using desktop photoshop and ipad adobe sketch. all files have layers. a file from sketch taken into photoshop will keep its layers, which is great. Should this work taking photoshop files into sketch? When I try the image is flattened.

Really grateful of any help you can give me. Thanks Sean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Hi Sean,

So... it's not yet possible to import a .psd into Sketch; they currently can only be brought in through a Photo Layer (which, as you've noticed doesn't maintain the characteristics you're wanting). The one good thing about bringing the files into Sketch (which isn't possible in Draw) is that after bringing them in, it's possible to change the Photo Layer to a Sketch Layer... which at least makes the layer "editable."

The ability to take work back-and-forth between the mobile and desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

So... it's not yet possible to import a .psd into Sketch; they currently can only be brought in through a Photo Layer (which, as you've noticed doesn't maintain the characteristics you're wanting). The one good thing about bringing the files into Sketch (which isn't possible in Draw) is that after bringing them in, it's possible to change the Photo Layer to a Sketch Layer... which at least makes the layer "editable."

The ability to take work back-and-forth between the mobile and desktop apps is a feature request that comes up occasionally and I know that it's something the team is considering but I just don't know when the capability will make it to the app.

I hope that helps; let me know if you have any other questions.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Sue for your lightning response!! Bad news in some ways but not a disaster. At least I wont spend a lot of time trying in vain. Would you mind at all if I asked you about printing options from photoshop and illustrator?

Thanks again

Best wishes

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sean.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about Photoshop and Illustrator.... so you may get better responses posting on those forums.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

What questions do you have about printing? I might be able to help with that, and if not, as Sue says, there are whole forums where additional questions can go.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike, many thanks for your reply. Basically its 2 things. Firstly, what setup is required in photoshop and illustrator pre printing for best results? Secondly and most importantly, which printing options are available? i.e inkjet, giclee etc....... Im new to this and dont really understand the print side of things. Im making small illustrations for sale, they need to be of good quality and I  believe resistant to colour fading. Also im only selling at fairly low prices, so cost has to be reasonable.

Sorry Mike, thats a bit of ramble but I think sums up my issues.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Best wishes

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines