• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing where paragraphs break b/w linked textboxes?

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

So I'm formatting a book for print in inDesign, and I've got one segment that's a numbered list with 3 levels. It's currently in about 5 textboxes over as many pages. My problem is this: some of the paragraph breaks occur in weird places, so that one line of a longer paragraph is isolated at the top or bottom of a page. I've tried modifying the justification settings in the paragraph style, and each of the four options seems to do the same thing, albeit in a different way. Is there anywhere else I can set the text boxes to not separate the content without making manual adjustments--or does anyone know at least which of the justification settings is usually the best for this? I was hoping to be able to set it up automatically so that it won't change when I go back and change the typeface and font sizes, etc, if at all possible.

Thanks for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Have you tried the keep options?

2017-03-23_21-28-02.png

This should solve the problem hopefully.

Best,

EW

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried the keep options?

2017-03-23_21-28-02.png

This should solve the problem hopefully.

Best,

EW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines