• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I paint white onto a mask once again?

Participant ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pencil (and brush) is set to white and painting it over white yields grey.

Mode is normal and opacity is 100%.

The Layer is Normal and opacity is 100%.

Obviously, I accidentally triggered something and there is no obvious-to-me way of going back.

I've tried resetting the paint brush and pencil tools several different ways, but the behavior is the same.

Painting on my mask yields grey.  I can paint black just fine.  Just not white.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Can you confirm your brush is actually set to white - the square can look white even if just short of white.

After clicking on the mask in the layer panel then the foreground colour square the color panel should show K=0%

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm your brush is actually set to white - the square can look white even if just short of white.

After clicking on the mask in the layer panel then the foreground colour square the color panel should show K=0%

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop decided E6-E6-E6 was white enough for me.  Dunno what magic Ps used to decide to do that, but THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem - it occasionally happens if you have set the colour manually with the color picker, or used the Alt key with the brush,  and didn't quite hit the black or white.
If it happens again, clicking on the two tiny squares will reset full black and white

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines