• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with PS CC 2017 and Mac Sierra

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had prior Mac Pro with El Capitan and used Photoshop.  Also use Lightroom and some third party plug-ins.  Computer was replaced and preloaded with Mac Sierra.  No problems with Lightroom (still using 5.7.1) but problems with PS from the beginning.  Downloaded PS CC 2017.  Once in awhile I can use 3rd party plug-ins but usually I can't.  PS itself is almost not operational.  If I put a type layer on, words are not visible until I go over to the layers pane and click on the type layer.  Letters go on very, very slowly (can take several seconds for 3 letters to appear).  Whole program crashes frequently.  If I click "Print," get flickering and quitting.  Is painfully, painfully slow.  Read Adobe forums on troubleshooting whether 3rd party plug-ins were problem and ran the test it described.  Same problems occurred without the 3rd party plug-ins loaded so I don't think they're the problem.  I'm a professional photographer so this has seriously impaired my ability to work.  How do I fix this?  Help!

P.S.  Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3. and very little on hard drive; 1 T flash drive, 16 GB installed memory

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

It may or may not happen with other programs depending on how the other programs are utilizing the graphics card features and memory. I have the same issue on my MacBook Pro (brand new two weeks ago) with Adobe Fuse. System by far exceeds the requirements but simply won't run. Yet my MacBook Air that is 4 years old and nowhere near the same power as my MacBook Pro runs it just fine.

But from my experience anytime any program at all is not displaying properly it is the video card issue. Doesn't me

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will see if others agree but to me it sounds more like a video card issue more than anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.  The prior Mac Pro noted above was just shy of a year old when one day it flickered, flickered, froze entirely and would not unfreeze for me no matter how many times I tried the magic 4 key combination.  Apple said it had a defective graphics card and replaced with this computer.  Initially, when I did system transfer, I had same problems and Apple did the diagnostic that checks every component and it came up "clean" -- hence, their decision that it was a software problem.  If it is video card/graphics card problem, it should still occur on other programs if PS is uninstalled, yes?  Is this the first step I should take?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may or may not happen with other programs depending on how the other programs are utilizing the graphics card features and memory. I have the same issue on my MacBook Pro (brand new two weeks ago) with Adobe Fuse. System by far exceeds the requirements but simply won't run. Yet my MacBook Air that is 4 years old and nowhere near the same power as my MacBook Pro runs it just fine.

But from my experience anytime any program at all is not displaying properly it is the video card issue. Doesn't mean it's a bad or faulty video card - just that the part of the card memory being used does not support what it needs to. Try adjusting your monitors resolution to something lower just to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines