• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS4 on disc. Help request- licenced disc reinstal into a new computer?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have InDesign CS4 on disc i installed it onto my macbook and it says available for a trial period only as it is apaid for licence how do i ensure full access continues beyond the trial period?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you enter the serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thanks Bob and i have entered it on the first page- no probs there, then on the next stage it then asks for the serial number of an earlier version as the prompt says this is an upgrade and that i also need an older serial number, which i never had, this disc is the only licensed version of iD that i originally had installed on my old Imac before it gave up the ghost... thus it only gave me the "trial period"??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you did not own the previous version (CS3 or earlier) then the CS4 upgrade license can not be used as a full version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, i dont have the older CS3 serial number with this CD- it must have been installed already on my old imac, i only retained this CD for CS4 what could i do to rectify this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what Mac O/S are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chances are you will have issues with IDCS4 on a brand new Mac. Check out compatibility issues at http://roaringapps.com/apps

I seem to remember that layouts would not print out of InDesign CS4 when using a newer Mac System.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your question about where to find the serial number? Or how/where to enter the serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither thanks, i have the serial number which i have entered, then on the second installation prompt page it asks for an older version serial number which i don't have, strangely it didn't ask me for it when i originally installed it several years ago on my old imac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only two possible scenarios I can think of:

1. If the  CS 4 license you're entering was purchased as a full version, then something is wrong with the installer or Adobe's activation server and you should contact Adobe support.

2. If your old Mac had a previous version installed on it by someone else, such as a used Mac with CS3, and then you purchased an upgrade license of CS4, it would have installed and only asked for the one upgrade license because, IIRC, it would have recognized the existing CS3 version on the hard drive and upgraded it without asking for its license number. Now that you have a new Mac without a previous install, it is asking for the CS3 license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS4 will not work on any new Mac which came without a CD/DVD drive as it does not work on Mac OS X the several last versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines