• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely slow preview using 3D layers (CC2017)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have some png images in my comp set as 3D layers and moving slowly from left to right. The whole composition is only 6 seconds long. However, when i press Spacebar to preview, it takes more than 1 minute to preview 1 second. CPU usage hits 100% immediately. And I've not even begun to add lights to my comp.

The largest png image is 1010x546 (191KB), the others are somewhat smaller.

I did use 3D layers in the past (and in much more numerous quantities), but never had problems like this. What is going on?

Here's a screenshot taken during the preview:

ae 100%.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

You should not be using Ray-traced rendering for anything. The C4 rendering engine is faster but I do not see any extruded or bent layers in your composition so you should be using the Classic renderer.

Ray-traced rendering is no longer supported or being developed. It never did work very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should not be using Ray-traced rendering for anything. The C4 rendering engine is faster but I do not see any extruded or bent layers in your composition so you should be using the Classic renderer.

Ray-traced rendering is no longer supported or being developed. It never did work very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines