• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hijacked email used to create an account

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone used my email address to create an Adobe account. I reported it through a customer support chat (or tried to).  Worst customer support I have ever experienced.  Chat was disconnected 3 times.  Each time new agent so I requested to be connected to the previous agent or a return phone call.  Not an option, I was told.  No real concern that my email was used to create a fraudulent account.  I repeatedly asked for the account to be closed and blocked from any further activity.  Again, no luck.  Just an offer to reset the password.  Apparently, once you open an account even fraudulently, you can't close it.  Shameful customer service and poor policies.  I hope someone in Adobe management takes notice.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

unless that person also has your email password (ie, change it), all they could do is make a purchase with their money and you get the benefit.  either a pretty dumb hacker or, more likely, someone that just used your email address chosen randomly instead of their own because they didn't want to give up some privacy.

it's the holder of the email address that has control.  just make sure no one can guess/crack your email password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines