• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to update Adobe Flash Player for Firefox- Connection failed.

Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am unable to update Adobe Flash Player (Optional Offer not selected from Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions ) for Firefox (v52.0.1, 64bit)- even after Retry.

My System is Windows 7, 64bit and Current Adobe Flash Player Version is 24.0.0.221.

Is there an offline installer for download? Or Is there any way to fix this above issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WeeMeng Soh

Are you using anti-virus software?  If so, which one?  It's possible the a/v software is interfering with the installation (we recently had a report of Zone Alarm doing this).

Please provide the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs. Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Files requested are provided above.

I am using Avast Free Antivirus. I tried disabling for 10 mins to install but still same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the log files and confirming the behaviour is reproducible when you disable the a/v software.

I'm not familiar with the error in the log files and will need to send them to the online installer team for review.  In the interim, please use the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page, in the 'Still having problems' section

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi WeeMeng18​,

This is Shefali from Adobe. We verified your case from our end it is working fine for us. 

We need more information to debug this issue. Can we have a screen share session with you, so that we can debug more on this?

Could you please revert back with your time zone and preferable timing for screen share session.

We will schedule as per your time.

It will be really helpful for us to avoid any further installation issues.

Thanks

Shefali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines