• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are features missing from current version of Lightroom?

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guided Upright was released last year in version 6.6. I just bought Lightroom a couple weeks ago, at version 6.9.

I understand that getting the non-CC version means I won't get new features released in the future, but why am I not getting existing features that are in the current version I paid for?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

New Features only come with the subscription based version LR CC 2015. LR 6, the perpetual license version, although exactly the same download and same files get installed on your hard drive, do not get any New Features. All that version gets is camera, ACR and bug fix updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Features only come with the subscription based version LR CC 2015. LR 6, the perpetual license version, although exactly the same download and same files get installed on your hard drive, do not get any New Features. All that version gets is camera, ACR and bug fix updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that I won't get new features, but I expect to have ones that were current/pre-existing for the version purchased

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guided Upright is a New feature release well after the original release of LR 6/CC 2015. As you pointed out it was included in the CC 2015.6 update which also included bug fixes, new camera support and a newer version of ACR in which was included in LR 6.6.

LR 6 is exactly the same as the day it came out with no New Features added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So everyone who buys 6.9 today really only gets 6.0 from 2 years ago... Probably best to get a refund and wait for 7 in that case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is a LR 7. No one here knows whether there will ever be a new stand alone Perpetual license version of LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And no it is not exactly the same. It has new camera support. ACR and bug fixes.

New features where never included in any older release of LR until the newer version came out. But there was always Point releases to fix certain things and add new camera support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines