• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Default Crop Ratio

Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there are several threads around this general issue, but even the suggested solutions don't yield the result I'm looking for.  I would like the crop ratio to remember its last setting.  Or, let me force a default, and keep that setting.  Either would be great.  The only answers I can find rely on Autosync, or copying the crop across all the images.  Either are not really what I am looking for.  Surely, there must be a way to force a default, other than "as shot".   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JosephfromAustin,

The crop ratio settings are default to the app settings and cannot be modified. You may share your feedback here Photoshop Family Customer Community so that Engineers can look into this.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to do the Autosync or copy thing.

After import go to Previous Import.

Go to Library grid mode

Do Command-A to select all the photos.

Select the Crop you want

Takes a few seconds.

Personally, I don't  want to discard pixels all the time so I like "as shot"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default crop ratio IS "as shot". It cannot be changed. And, really, I don't think you would want it to. It would be rather haphazard to let Lightroom decide which part of the image to crop, don't you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haphazard to let Lightroom decide which part of the image to crop

Yes agreed,

But I have had situations where I want ~100 images cropped to a ratio to suit a projector with 'all images full screen' slideshow.

I must (and do!) review every image to check that I have not cropped away important parts of any image.

So using Auto-Sync the Crop does save many, many mouse clicks in the Develop/Crop module for multiple photos. A quick scroll through the images in Loupe view to check them is much faster.

Even if I Auto-sync the crop, I still have some control on how I place the crop (in the viewed photo) knowing the typical subject matter in the images. eg. I might crop to the lower portion of the frame if I know I can lose some sky in all the photos.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to settings then click "Crop to Same Aspect Ratio" or simply "shift+A".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

go to settings then click "Crop to Same Aspect Ratio" or simply "shift+A".

Where is Lightroom do you see these commands?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Crop to Same Aspect Ratio"  "shift+A".

This command will work on one (selected) image in the film strip.

But to Crop multiple images as a 'Batch'- [AutoSync] needs to be 'on' and multiple images selected.

Menu>Settings>Crop to Same Aspect Ratio.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks jeboy​ and WobertC​    I should have checked a little closer in the menus.

I learned something new today about the "Crop to Same Aspect Ratio!!   I didn't know it existed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines