Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 14 not opening

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Premiere Elements 14 is not opening, the cursor just rolls and nothing happens.  No error msg, nothing.  Already rebooted, installed updates, checked these forums.  Called customer support and they directed me here, where the same previously posted question says contact cust support.  Is there some driver I'm missing or what? If I uninstall and re-install the software will I lose all my projects/files/ clips?  Thanks for any info.

-Cecilia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't lose your project files or your video clips.  But, they should be backed up in the normal way you back up everything else. 

The most common problem in recent weeks for what you describe has to do with nVidia graphics card drivers.  Do you have one of those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will try reinstalling.  Also, where can I get the graphics cards drivers?  Thought I saw links in forums earlier but now I can't find them again 😕  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers

Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

•ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled, then ran the updates. It may also be sufficient to manually download the latest update then install. I have the latest video driver for my system.

If you have issues with the installation failing with error messages, try the installation again. You may also need to TEMORARILY disable antivirus software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded Elements Premier and cannot do anything with it. I have tried re-entering serial number/code/even changing my adobe password (coudn't) and nothinng is letting me in. This has been going on for over a month and I'm really losing it.I even spent an hour with one of your help people who couldn't get it right. I have never had this much trouble getting started with any other softwre. Can I just get my money back? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user to user forum, Abq. We can't help you with refunds. You'll need to contact Adobe for that via chat.

https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/contact/what-contact-options.html

We may be able to help you though. But unless you're specifically asking about version 14, like the original poster, it might be best to start your own thread so we can focus on your specific issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines