Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 Extended Problems

Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've had Photoshop CS5 Extended for almost 3 years and never had any problems with it... until now. Recently, it has been acting slow, the animation (frames) bar doesn't want to show the actual frames, everything is slow, I can't drag in PSDs, fonts, etc. and I have no idea what's wrong. I'm a gif maker on tumblr so I use PS CS5 Extended frequently and I've asked about 5 people on tumblr what is happening and no one can really give me a good answer. But one person did give me something that seems correct. The person told me that my Windows PC updated and corrupted the file and that's why It's not working properly. Also, I downloaded other WORKING Photoshop CS5 Portable/Extended programs and THEY'RE HAVING THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM. If someone could help me, this would seriously make my day because I love using PS CS5 Extended and I really don't want to use any other PS program. PLEASE HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting all Photoshop Tools.  If that does not fix your problems try resetting your User ID Photoshop Preferences.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reset all tools, in the far left of the Options bar right click on whichever tool happens to be active, and choose Reset All Tools.

To reset preferences, follow the instructions here Preferences in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at my newest picture message. This is what's happening. I'll add more pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded PS CS5 Extended again and this was the problem that I'm having. It's never done this before. It also won't show any layers when I add let's say brightness/contrast, levels, or any type of adjustments.Untitled1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see that I added my PSD, but I didn't click on the eye. Before:Untitled12.png    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After: I turned on the PSD and it does not show up in my cropped gif. Untitled123.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I reset the preferences and photoshop tools and it's still acting up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines