• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem converting PDF to Excel

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have converted a PDF to Excel using the website converter but the results in the excel file are not recognisable - see below. Is there a way to make sure the conversion results in recognisabe text and numbers. The table below is a bank statement and the columns should show date, date, idintifier, description (text). amount from left to right.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you see is usually the result of a bad PDF file: The file does not contain important information that is used by Acrobat (or the online service) to map "drawings of characters" (or glyphs) back to one or more characters that can then be exported in e.g. a Word or Excel document. Specifically, the "ToUnicode" table is missing or corrupt. If you only have access to the online converter, there is nothing you can do to improve the results. With the desktop version of Acrobat, there may be a workaround: Sometimes it helps to save the PDF file as a set of high resolution (e.g. 600dpi) images, then import these images back into Acrobat, run OCR and then export to Word or Excel again.

You may want to complain to your bank about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I have adobe acrobat dc on desktop and am trying to convert pdf to excel doc--

every time i try it says "save as failed to process this document- no file was created"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using a pdf that Acrobat created.  I cannot get the conversion to show other than unreadable text even if I print the pdf on a printer and scan it back to Adobe.  The pdf is so simple:  Date, Description, Amount.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines