• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate tutorial - asset is flat image

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Happy Apple" asset in the Animate tutorial called "How to Create 2D Animations" is showing each piece or path of the apple individually. When I drag the apple to my stage, the paths are not selected nor can I move it or select it. I am following the tutorial verbatim.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  Screen shot:

Untitled-1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

It looks like the assets have changed, but even so I always get the character on the stage with the objects selected.

If you skip the setting up on the background steps and only drag the character onto the stage, is it selected then?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any problem other than that you've locked all your layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clay, the character layer does not have a padlock. Although now that you mention it, I can move the objects on all the layers except for background, even though they are locked. I am wondering if I am having trouble because this is a trial version of Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A trial version has all the features of the full version. I don't think that is causing a problem here.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've unlocked all the layers; the apple graphic is still flat. Is it possible that there is a problem with the graphic that is provided in the tutorial? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean when you "drag the apple to the stage"? Drag it from where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tutorial instructs me to go to the Creative Cloud Library, select the "happy apple" graphic and drag it to the stage.

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 1.49.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the assets have changed, but even so I always get the character on the stage with the objects selected.

If you skip the setting up on the background steps and only drag the character onto the stage, is it selected then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I'll be darned!  Removing the background did the trick.  Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines