• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open Adobe Stock photo in Photoshop!

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am TRYING to use an Adobe Stock photo I just purchased: "Money Jar With White Label Isolated on White By Carolyn Franks."

Photoshop give me an error message "This application does not support the editing of banknote images."

I understand the anti counterfeiting efforts, but this is a photo of crumpled up money in a glass jar, so I don't understand why Photoshop won't open the image.

Is there some way to get Photoshop to open this image?

WHY does Adobe Stock sell & license images that can't be used in Photoshop?

Thanks for any help.

Jim

P.S. The FAQs provided no help. A search through this Adobe forum revealed this same question being asked in 2015... with no solution provided by Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Hi JH,

I've replied on the other thread you posted to. Re: I am unable to open a purchased image

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's more likely a legal issue - not a choice by Adobe in Photoshop. As other image editing software follow the same rules.

The reason that images with currency are available is that images are meant for more than just Photoshop. Many times the images are used just the way they are in projects without any editing.

Having said that, I do agree that images that cannot be edited in Photoshop or Illustrator should display a warning so buyers know ahead of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the legal issues, but Adobe Stock should flag all of their images that have any currency with a notice stating "Warning: This image cannot be edited." It's extremely frustrating.

I certainly won't purchase another Adobe Stock image until I receive an answer on this issue. Why risk purchasing an image that you might not be able to edit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's going to be the same even if you get your images from iStock or anywhere else. If it displays currency it probably can't be edited. Has nothing to do with Adobe Stock.

But yes, there should be a warning as a courtesy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't Adobe really selling the stock images under false pretenses?

If I can't edit the image in Photoshop, the image is useless.

Will anyone from Adobe reply to address this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JH,

I've replied on the other thread you posted to. Re: I am unable to open a purchased image

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started