• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have these on my computer and wonder if I could uninstall any of them, as they seem to be duplicated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the first is the debug player for ie, the 2nd is the debug player for mozilla (eg, ff) and the last is (i think) the mozilla non-debug player

[moved from Downloading, Installing, Setting Up to Installing Flash Player]​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI reginap24510620

Those file sizes are way too small to be either the non-debug or debug versions of Flash Player, and the installation is probably corrupt.  The file size should be in the 19MB file size range for all player types (for both non-debug and debug versions).

If you haven't uninstalled them yet, please do the following:

1. Select the 'Details' view
  2. Make sure the 'Version' and 'Size' columns are visible
  3. Post a screenshot showing all of the Flash Player entries

<edited>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a "details" view but that's ok, I don't need to delete if they all have a "job", just don't want anything on my pc that I don't need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the menu and then select Details

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 7.09.31 AM.jpg

To display the Version and Size columns, right-click on one of the column headers and then select Version and Size

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 7.18.24 AM.jpg

Whether or not you need them depends on whether or not you use Flash Player on the various browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera).  If you don't, you can uninstall them.  If you do, since the program size is way too small it most likely won't function correctly.  The reason I'm asking for the screenshot is you stated they were duplicate entries, further indication that there is a corrupt installation since it's only possible to have one installation (of each player type) installed on a system at a time.

If you do need Flash Player, run the uninstaller, then go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download and install the latest version.  If you use multiple browsers, you'll need to do this for each browser as different browsers support different plugin types (e.g. ActiveX Control for IE, NPAPI for Firefox/Safari, PPAPI for Opera and Chromium-based browsers).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the visual.  Here's the information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use any of these browsers: (IE, Firefox, Opera). just use Google and sometimes IE.  Can I uninstall the flash players I have BEFORE I install the most updated version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.  When you said "as they seem to be duplicated" in your first post I assumed you meant there are duplicate entries for each player type (e.g. 2 entries for Flash Player ActiveX, etc).

There is definitely something wrong with the installation as those file sizes are too small.  14-March is the day we released 25.0.0.127.  Did you install these manually, or were they installed/updated automatically in the background?

Please do the following:

1. Download the uninstaller posted at Uninstall Flash Player for Windows
  2. Close all applications that may use Flash Player (browsers, instant messaging services, etc)
  3. Run the uninstaller downloaded in step 1

Google Chrome embeds Flash Player in Chrome and updates are released via Chrome component updater.  The main reason to have the PPAPI plugin installed is if you encounter issues with the embedded plugin not functioning correctly.  If the embedded version if functioning correctly there is no need to install the separate PPAPI plugin.

If you want to install Flash Player ActiveX for IE, launch IE and go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer - note there may be third-party offers on this page.  If you do not want those, uncheck the check-box.  If you don't use IE often, you can skip this and only install it whenever you actually need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your note.  I'm not at all techy and the only reason I mentioned that Flash player was duplicated is because they are all flash player.  They may have come with Adobe Creative Suite from long ago, I don't remember, but I did not manually install them.  Hope this makes sense.  So, with all that said, would it be ok to delete them before I install the updated version?.  I know you mentioned some stuff but being the untechy person I am, I didn't understand what you wrote.  Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to view your Flash install log file(s) to see if they shed some light into the 14-March installation.  Please do the following:

• Launch Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • Make a copy of the FlashInstall.log file and rename the copied file FlashInstall_system32.log
  • If this is a 64-bit operating system, navigate to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
  • Make a copy of the FlashInstall.log file and rename the copied file FlashInstall_syswow64.log
  • Upload FlashInstall_system32.log, and FlashInstall_syswow64.log if this is a 64-bit OS, to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document
  • Post the link to the uploaded file(s) in your reply

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system is 32 bit and here's the information you asked for, probably not the way you asked for it, so sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the screenshot of the C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash directory contents.  It does show that there are some required files missing.

Please do the following:

1. Download the uninstaller posted at Uninstall Flash Player for Windows
  2. run the uninstaller
  3. reboot the machine
  4. Launch Windows Explorer and go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  5. Post a screenshot of the contents of the directory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the directory after I uninstalled Flash and rebooted my computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I'd like to review the FlashInstall log file in that directory.  Please upload the FlashInstall file to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded file in your reply.

Please do the following:

• Right-click on the SWFlash.ocx file
  • select Properties
  • In the Properties window that displays, click on the Details tab
  • post a screenshot of the Details tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

I hope this is correct.  Here's the screen shot you requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The swflash.ocx file is from an extremely old version of Flash Player.  I'm not sure why it hasn't been removed by the uninstaller, but you should be able to delete the file manually (right-click > delete).

The FlashInstall.log file was very helpful.  It turns out the file sizes, in your second screenshot, were correct.  The smaller file size is due to the background update type that was used to update Flash Player.

Since you said you mainly use Chrome, and IE sometimes, there's no need to have plugins installed that you don't use, so uninstalling Flash Player was fine.  Google does embed Flash Player in Chrome, and you can always install Flash Player ActiveX Control for IE at a later date if you need to use it.  Otherwise, there's no need to have it installed.

Finally,  I'd like to ensure Flash Player is working in Chrome.  Please do the following:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the information you requested.  After this, I'll delete the Adobe Flashes that I have and install the updated one w/the link you sent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the screenshot.  The system information results shows the embedded version of Flash Player is being correctly detected.  You don't need to install the separate PPAPI plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines