Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon D500 Raw ?

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just purchased a Nikon D500 and my Lightroom 5.7.1 can not read the files

Although on Creative Cloud my PC has a 32bit processor so does not update from 5.7.1  How can I download the necessary software to read my D500 Raw files ?

All suggestions welcome please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Use the free DNG converter to convert your NEF files to DNG files that can be read by Lightroom 5.

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

You can not use the converter to convert individual files - you have to point it to a folder containing NEFs, and it will create DNG files from all the files in that folder. The DNG files will be converted from copies of the NEFs, so you will still have the original NEF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the free DNG converter to convert your NEF files to DNG files that can be read by Lightroom 5.

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

You can not use the converter to convert individual files - you have to point it to a folder containing NEFs, and it will create DNG files from all the files in that folder. The DNG files will be converted from copies of the NEFs, so you will still have the original NEF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR 5.7.1 update Nikon D5 and D500​  See that article for further info, but the long and short is use the DNG converter listed here: Product updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines