• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

default object style: how to set space/padding/offset as a default NOT TEXT WRAP one frame/object at a time.

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MISSING STYLES ON OBJECT FRAMES.png

Please someone:

How the heck do i retrieve/create a DEFAULT "automatic, always set" offset padding around every graphic/object frame and LINES in certain templates i use/create.

it's not case by case text wrap, it's a default setting around graphics/photo frames & lines.  I don't know where they went, what to set (i know where the Window>Styles>Object Styles window is, i just don't know what settings are, if that's even where i do it.

It's not a standard one a a time text wrap, that much i know.  indesignsecrets doesn't seem to know either and the results there are as imprecise and unhelpful as the adobe site, but what the heck? maybe an actual person knows.

I can't even find what the correct terminology is since the logical terms offset space around, bounding space around and padding around an object or frame don't seem to be involved.

sheesh. does it really have to be so complicated?

Please, and thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

If you want text wrap applied to all objects then set it with nothing selected. That will be you default going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want text wrap applied to all objects then set it with nothing selected. That will be you default going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sheesh. omg. thank you! 

for adobe: I still don't understand why there's not supplementary descriptive, logical (searchable) language such as mentioned above (and  that I've seen others use to search for it too using those terms and path offset, for instance). you know, to make it logical and easier to find answers for.

Thanks again BobLevine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May I recommend a good book?

InDesign CC: Visual QuickStart Guide (2014 release): Sandee Cohen: 9780133953565: Amazon.com: Books

This is a must have for anyone learning InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines