• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stabilize camera drift?

Engaged ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some 4K concert footage from a pretty well stabilized camera.

However, there is still some hand held drift.  What is the best stabilize

technique for this situation I wonder?  Is there a way to "pin" the stage ?

Can I confine the stabilizing to just a portion of the take?

Thanks anyone.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless it's really annoying -- and I mean REALLY bone-jarring annoying --  I'd just leave it alone and resolve to do a better job of shooting next time.

Drifting, schmifting.  Not the end of the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best stabilize technique for this situation I wonder?

it depends entirely on the shot but read here Tracking and stabilization motion workflows in After Effects

Is there a way to "pin" the stage ? Can I confine the stabilizing to just a portion of the take?

yes, Warp Stabilizer VFX can do that, also traditional point tracking for stabilizing (Stabilize Motion)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to Warp Stabilize  or Stabilize Motion?  There is no stabilize camera. The technique and the requirements are completely different so please explain what you are trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont see how to send a clip from PPro to After Effects;

no contextual menu, no regular menu?

where is that please?

i'm in 2017.0.2 v11.0

this is from the tutorial, but I dont have it:
Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 3.33.27 PM.png

and now this:

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 4.07.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are both AE and Premiere Pro the latest versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes thank you, according to CLOUD.

AE   2017.1   v14.1.0.57

ppro  2017.0.2  v11.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still not clear on what you are trying to do. Warp Stabilizer will remove some camera movement and improve some shots but it doesn't work on everything. Concert footage with a crowd in front would be especially hard to effectively warp stabilize. You should also consider rendering each Warp Stabilized shot that you work on because if the shots are more than just a few seconds long your render times and your resource allocation will quickly increase to the point where you may start having crashes.

A little better description of exactly what you are trying to accomplish and what the shots are like would help us point you to the most efficient solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to repeat what I wrote earlier.  After all this, it seems to be more applicable:

"Unless it's really annoying -- and I mean REALLY bone-jarring annoying --  I'd just leave it alone and resolve to do a better job of shooting next time.

Drifting, schmifting.  Not the end of the world."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Rick+Gerard  wrote

I'm still not clear on what you are trying to do. Warp Stabilizer will remove some camera movement and improve some shots but it doesn't work on everything. Concert footage with a crowd in front would be especially hard to effectively warp stabilize. You should also consider rendering each Warp Stabilized shot that you work on because if the shots are more than just a few seconds long your render times and your resource allocation will quickly increase to the point where you may start having crashes.

A little better description of exactly what you are trying to accomplish and what the shots are like would help us point you to the most efficient solution.

I want 5 second sequences of the stage sets so i want them pretty well lined up

and not drifting out of the placement of where I have lined them up.  While I

appreciate the wisdom of a more serious filming approach, I am not a pro

shooting for clients.  I go and have fun and collect footage as the inspiration

compels me and I am happy to use these modern editing tools to finish out

the idea.  Ideally I would like to "pin" the stage stable.  Failing that,

well stabilized footage will suffice. 

That said, my post #4 above explains that AE wont even let me stabilize

the original footage directly cuz of dynamic link malfunction.  Ideally I

prefer to move clips out of PPro to AE and back for this task. I dont

even have that option either as described in #4 above.

Thank you folks for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to line up points on your footage so you can stack a bunch of them together you should be using motion stabilize not warp stabilize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stack vertical or stack horizontal?

horizontal means they will play in sequence.
Vertical just because it will be easier toline stuff up and then spread it out horizontal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve Zeeeee,

Were you ever able to motion stabilize your video images? Please let us know if our experts helped you solve the issue or if you still need help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put the project on hold for now because

I'm weak in After Effects.  I'll have to read

some more tutorials before I try again.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve: Watch this tutorial and see if it helps you with the stabilization feature: Fix unusable footage

It comes with sample footage you can practice with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve: Also, as Rick said earlier, "A little better description of exactly what you are trying to accomplish and what the shots are like would help us point you to the most efficient solution." That is, sharing a clip of the footage would help us all understand the problem at hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines