• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help!

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2008 Sep 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a number of help files - I have been using RoboHelp 7 for quite a while - and I recently tried to open an existing project. When I did, I tried to open a topic from the table of contents to edit the content, but it is stuck on the Starter tab. When I select the Create a New Topic button, the same thing happens - I cannot add any content.

I have a lot of work into a number of projects and I am starting to panic! The html files that are associated with the topics I created exist in the same folder as the project files.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank in advance.

Lisa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa

Where is your project stored? Locally on your C drive or is it on a network resource?

If it's on a network resource, try moving it to the local C drive, then open it and attempt to make edits.

RoboHelp doesn't like working with projects when they are stored on a network resource.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Rick. Everything is stored on the C: drive.

I've tried opening a new project from scratch - it seems that the Design Editor tab will not open.

Have you heard of anything like this before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

How odd. About the only thing I can think of to have you check would be this. Click Tools > Options... > Tool Locations tab. What do you see there? What is the default editor? If it's not RoboHelp WYSIWYG, click that item and choose the Set As Default button. Then at the bottom of the dialog, choose the "Use Default Editor" option.

Please check that and report back with what you find.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2008 Sep 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So When I select the first option RoboHelp WYSIWYG <Internal> Yes and click the Set As Defualt button, I get the following msg in a pop up window...

The selected Default Editor does not have an associated Generator Tag.

Use the "Auto Select" button to associate a Generator Tag with the new Default Editor.

Should I do as instructed? Is there any chance of losing my content (gasp!)? In any event, why would this happen after months of using RoboHelp 7 with no problems?

Thanks again for your respoonse - I look forward to hearing from you again.

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

I selected the Options tab, I ensured that the Use Default Editor option was selected - this appears to have corrected the problem.

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Lisa

Yay! You solved it! Good on ya.

I saw your other post. Normally when you make changes in this dialog there should be no worries whatsoever about losing project data. What you are changing is the way RoboHelp behaves overall. While it may have an influence over the way it behaves with any project you work on, there should be no other ramifications with your projects.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp