• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the meaning of this error message?

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using from years Adobe CS 6 Design and WEb premium on a SONY Vaio Laptop and A 64 bit Windows /.

Over the past few days InDesign freezes every 10 minutes sending an alert of disk full:

"The space on the disk is insufficient. Remove the non necessary files to free space on disk and restart InDesign".

As you can see from attachments, there is a lot of space un the disk.

In my attempts to resolve the problem, previously I had checked and repaired Windows files, then I had uninstalled CS6 suite taking care to remove manually all the files related to Adobe software, both visible and hidden. Then I had reinstalled CS6, but having no success.

So I thought that the problem could occur with a specific (corrupted) file: I checked some other files but seemingly there had been no problem.

So I followed the instructions reported in:

https://helpx.adobe.com/it/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-damaged-indesign-documents.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/it/indesign/kb/indesign-document-recovery.html

More, I checked the extensions installed: there are no installed extensions if not those of Adobe.

Follwing your instructions, I splitted the suspected file in two parts. For each of them, I rebuilt all kind of stiles and copied the content from the original (suspected) file frame by frame.

This work lasted more than two hours, but no error message appeared.

When I tried to rebuild the whole file, the usual error message reappeared.

I think that the content of the error message could have a meaning for you and so you could help me to solve the problem.

What do you suggest I do?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I forgot the attachments. Here they are

Error message.PNG

Disk filling .PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Faced with that same message with large, complicated documents, I've found that deleting everything inside your local temporary storage helped. The location of your temporary storage depends on your local settings; usually you can go there by going to "%TEMP%" in the Windows Explorer.

Microsoft stores all updates into this folder, and they can be huge. Also, lots of other software uses it as scratch space. Even though there are claims that the size of the Temp folder is only limited by your total HD space, I've found that this is theory only, and in practice regularly emptying the Temp folder makes all of the software that uses it behave better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jongware, indeed the Temp directory was full of files (around 2.79 Gb). I emptied it, then I restarted the Pc and Indesign, but after 20 seconds the error message reappeared. I noticed that the error verified when I added a line to a table, and that one of the effects was the block of the commands  Cut and Paste that became grey. So I decided as last attempt to rebuild the file from scratch, taking care not to import anything from the damaged files. The work lasted one whole day, but it seems to be successful.

I'm writing this long message because I think it's important to notice that a corrupted file can act on the commands of the application. I thought that the failure of an application depends on a damage of the application itself, and this had been the reason of my unsuccesful  attempts to reinstall InDesign and to repair the system.

Anyway thanks for your help and good work there.

Paolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't work on your (G:) Drive as there is not enough space available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not working on (G:).

Anyway thanks.

Paolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines