• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colot sampling ring activation

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PS CC latest version. However, the color sampling ring does not work. The performance settings in PS are correct as far as I can see.

I have a computer with 3 screens and dual Nvidia video cards (GeForce GTX 960).

I have tried to modify the video settings for PS, but have not found a solution yet.

How can I solve this issue? I like to use the sampling ring,

Thanks for any support

Gijsberth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to ask a basic question - but we have to check .

With the eye dropper tool selected in the toolbar, is "Show sampling ring" checked in the options bar?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Thank you for the reply. The box is not checked, but it is grayed out. I cannot check it.

In PS, under preferences>performance>advanced settings, I have advanced drawing mode selected and all 4 boxes selected (Use gPU, Use openCL, anti-alias, 30 bit Display)

Thanks

Gijsberth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dual video cards are known to cause problems in Photoshop. As long as the two cards are absolutely identical it should work -  but you might try disabling one just to check.

(30 bit display is unrelated, and also moot in your case, since the GeForce cards don't support it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dag - you posted whilst I was typing. Good point on disabling a card.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

That last box (30 bit display) is only needed if your monitors are actually 10 bit /channel as opposed to 8 bit.

The three screens part should be OK - I use three screens here without problem - however I do drive them from a single video card.

There is some information here about troubleshooting which refers to multiple cards and states Photoshop does not take advantage of multiple cards.

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

Given that you appear to have worked OK in previous versions,  I would take this step by step. Which takes a little time but will hopefully help you.

Start by changing from Advanced to Normal. Hit OK then restart Photoshop.

If that does not work, change from Normal to Basic and restart Photoshop

If neither of those uncheck Use Graphics Processor, restart Photoshop, then check it again and restart Photoshop.

I know that sounds long winded - but hopefully it will get you closer to resolving your issue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave

thank you for the support. i have adjusted the advanced settings to normal and basic. unfortunately, it did not solve the issue. i have not yet tried to disable a card, but my two cards are identical,

looking for any further possible solution or items to check/test.

thanks

Gijsberth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, please disregard my post if you got it.

I was thinking of something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines