• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Blurry photos post export from Library!

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The edits I'm making in 'Develop' are not carrying over to 'Library' and are exporting with little to no edits. Can anyone walk me through whats going on? Thanks!

Top: Post export (loss of clarity, highlights, and over all skin tone)

IMG_3296.jpg

bottom: in develop mode

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 7.39.24 AM.png

(Discussion successfully moved from The Lounge to Photoshop Lightroom)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

emilyl38177195  wrote

here is the zoomed up image on develop mode vs Library

The skin tone in develop is a bit lighter with more warm than the Library.

In the posted Export file I see that you are applying a large amount of Local Sharpening (~70 value) using the Adjustment Brush. Again, you should only make Sharpening and Noise Reduction adjustments at 1:1 Zoom view, which allows you to see the "actual" amount of sharpening and any resulting increase in noise. Even using the Detail panel settings I

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot of the export dialog window with all your settings showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a screen capture of the exported image you posted. Zoomed in.

Screen Capture.PNG

Seems to be a ton of something that looks like noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emily,

Your screen shot of the Develop module doesn't show any highlights or clarity adjustments, nor any white balance changes. What edits are you making that aren't carrying over? The post export image and your screen shot of the Develop module look the same to me.

Is your monitor color calibrated?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alot of my edits in this picture are brushes. Here is the photo zoomed on develop.Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 6.09.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the size of that image in Mega Pixels and how much have you cropped out. MP before cropping and after?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do i find that information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Metadata EXIF Dimensions and Cropped.

Metadata panel.PNG

But did you shoot them with a camera? What mega pixel is the camera?

Time one by the other gives you the MPs. 3648 x 2736 = 9,980928 = 10 MPs

Did you Crop that image to show, highlight the child?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you did crop it. The size is 2674 x 2558 (6.8 MPs) and came from a Canon Rebel T3 which is a 12.5 MP camera at 3/2 ratio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

emilyl38177195  wrote

The edits I'm making in 'Develop' are not carrying over to 'Library' and are exporting with little to no edits. Can anyone walk me through whats going on? Thanks!

Differences like this between the Develop module and Library module previews are almost always due to excessive Sharpening and/or insufficient Noise Reduction. Your adjustments for IMG_3296 indicate both:

Try Sharping Amount of no more than 50, Luminance 15 to 25, and Color 15 to 25. When making these adjustments make sure to use Zoom View 1:1.

Lots of tutorials here: Lightroom tutorials | Learn how to use Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh! That is great info! I will go ahead and try that. Does that effect my exported image? I'm afraid with that much clarity i'll export a very stiff photo. I am semi-new to photo editing, I would not call myself a beginner but I am not a pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Develop:Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 6.09.57 PM.png

Library: Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 6.11.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

emilyl38177195  wrote

In the posted Export file I see that you are applying a large amount of Local Sharpening (~70 value) using the Adjustment Brush. Again, you should only make Sharpening and Noise Reduction adjustments at 1:1 Zoom view, which allows you to see the "actual" amount of sharpening and any resulting increase in noise. Even using the Detail panel settings I suggested you are going to have the same issue due to "local" application of excessive Sharpening. This also affects Export files, which should look very similar to the Library module preview. See this post for an explanation: Re: Develop module & library module aren't matching

The below tutorials should be helpful:

How to Properly Sharpen Images in Lightroom

Reduce image noise |

I suggest creating a Virtual Copy of the current image file, hit the Master Reset button at the bottom of the Develop control panel, and start over using only the Basic panel controls. You can download a PV 2012 Basic panel Tone control adjustment tutorial I created that may be helpful:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsl4jfswwoc1yo4/Lightroom%20PV2012%20Basic%20Tone%20Control%20Adjustments....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I did you edits and it looks ten times better. Thank you for the resources, they were a great source of information! Thank you all for the help and for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help. I just noticed that you may be shooting camera JPEG images, which have toning, sharpening, and noise reduction applied to the image in-camera. You can still improve the image using the Basic and Detail panel controls, but the "amount" of adjustment required will be much less than if shooting camera raw images. If you are shooting only camera JPEG images you may want to try shooting with the camera set to raw + JPEG. This will allow you to compare results inside LR using both file types. You'll need to make one change to your LR menu Edit> Preferences> General tab as shown below. Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines